Gas Tank Deposits
Pre-fill your gas tank for a seamless end user onboarding experience
Gas Tank enables dApp owners to fill in gas into their dApp's gas tank. This offers a systematic approach for dApps to monitor how much gas fee their users are consuming and can fill in their gas tanks accordingly.
DApp owners have the option to deposit native tokens in their dApp's gas tank via the biconomy dashboard or directly via the smart contract's write function.
Each dApp is assigned a
funding keythat is visible on the dashboard. The
funding keyacts as a unique identifier that is used to identify the dApp gas tank.
There is a minimum deposit amount that depends on the network on which the dApp is registered (For example: the minimum deposit amount on Polygon is 1 MATIC)
Every dApp has an associated threshold value which is the estimated gas left in the tank that would allow the gas tank to last for 7 days. Based on this threshold there are 3 states of a gas tank:
- The gas tank balance is shown in green when the gas left is above the threshold
- The gas tank balance is shown in red when the gas left is below the threshold but above 0.
- In the third state, the gas tank balance can take negative values and is shown in red, but the transactions would stop being relayed if no deposit is made.
Gas Tank is deployed on the following networks:
- Funding Key: Every dApp gas tank has a funding key associated with it. This funding key is a unique number that helps in identifying deposits to your gas tank. The funding key can be used while making an external deposit call directly on the contract.
- Minimum deposit amount: Every deposit transaction has a minimum amount on the contract level. The deposit amount should be greater than this value. (Example: On polygon, minimum deposit amount in 1 MATIC).
- Current Balance: Represents the current balance in the dApp gas tank.